Who knew that these adorable pastries require just two store cupboard staples to make! Read on to find out just how easy it is to make these 2 Ingredient Nutella Palmiers!
Easy as Sunday morning
I often have grand ideas at the weekend that I’ll wake up with sun streaming through the curtains, feeling refreshed. I’ll move into the kitchen after wiping the sleep from my eyes. I’ll whip up a batch of pancakes, maybe waffles and I’ll take them back to Jon who’s still dozing in bed.
This, by the way, never happens. I am not a morning person…
The days we do cook something tasty for breakfast it’s usually more like brunch or lunch! I’ve probably got yesterdays make-up smeared all over my face, my hair will be a mess and I’ll probably be a little bit grumpy. The likelihood is that I will burn myself in the process, cover the kitchen in mess, swear just a few times before plonking down my “creation” in front of Jon who, by this point, has been waiting an hour and a half for his breakfast…
Sound familliar? Hopefully this recipe is about to change things. It’s so simple to make that I could probably do it in my sleep!
Nutella and Pastry to say ‘I Love You’
You’ve probably guessed it by now but the 2 ingredients you need to make this recipe are Nutella and ready rolled puff pastry. That is it! A cup of coffee and a dusting of icing are delicious extras but these Nutella Palmiers are incredibly moreish without the extra frills and fuss.
What I think makes this recipe so perfect for a Valentines Day treat is that firstly everyone loves Nutella…I’m sure this is a fact rather than a sweeping generalisation. And secondly, by using ready rolled puff pastry rather than making your own you can have this recipe put together in no time. Getting up early or Valentines Day, or staying up late the day before, just to make your own puff pastry shows you care…about the pastry rather than your other half. Wouldn’t you rather be snuggled up in bed longer than slaving away in the kitchen?
With this simple recipe you get to impress your special someone with freshly baked pastries AND get to stay in bed for extra cuddles. It’s totally win-win! Plus, if like me you’re not a morning person, no one need ever know! The time it takes for the Nutella Palmiers to crisp up in the oven you can have a sneaky cup of coffee to help you be bright eyed and bushy tailed when you take these back to the bedroom!
2 Ingredient Nutella Palmiers – The Recipe
- 320g sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 5 - 6 tbsp of Nutella (or other chocolate spread)
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Using a spatula, spread the Nutella all over the puff pastry, right up to the edges.
- Gently mark where the centre of the pastry is along one of the edges.
- Roll both sides tightly towards the middle until both sides meet.
- Carefully wrap the long sausage like roll into cling film and place in the freezer for 15 minutes until firm.
- While they are chilling, pre-heat your oven to 200C and line a flast baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- Once chilled, remove the cling film and place on a chopping board.
- Slice the palmiers roughly half an inch thick and place on to the grease proof paper leaving an inch between each one.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, alow to cool for 5 minutes until just warm.
- Dust with icing sugar if you choose.
I told you it was easy didn’t I! Do you believe me now?
Lucy is one of my wonderful blogging friends. She makes AMAZING meals and cakes in her slow cooker amongst other things. You should seriously check her out.
If you like these Nutella Palmiers then I’m sure you will like some of the other recipes shared as part of the Perfecting Patisserie link up.