Decadent White Hot Chocolate
This decadent white hot chocolate is made with real cream, vanilla and white chocolate. Get the recipe below.
A twist on a classic
As the cold nights draw in, there’s nothing better than curling up on the sofa with a hot drink. Once the sun has set I try to avoid too much caffeine so that rules out tea or coffee. And as much as I love a glass of mulled wine I don’t always want to open a whole bottle of wine just for me. That leaves the classic hot chocolate. A rich, creamy, delicious drink that feels like a hug in a mug!
The best hot chocolate is made with a mix of milk and cream. It’s heated until almost boiling. Solid milk or dark chocolate (sometimes a mix of the two) is then stirred through until it has melted. Some squirty cream and marshmallows finish it off nicely!
If, however, you have a sweet tooth like me, this white hot chocolate recipe is the perfect sweet treat. It’s rich, decadent and velvetty smooth.
Yes you could buy an instant White Hot Chocolate mix from the supermarket. Yes it would save you five minutes. But some things are worth the extra effort and this is one of them.
I’d toyed with posting the recipe for just one serving but the likelihood is that if you’ve found a second to make a hot chocolate for yourself there is probably at least one other person lurking in the background asking if they can have one too. I’m sure they’ve been working hard too – so here’s a recipe fit for two.
Simply multiply or divide as required.
White Hot Chocolate
- Pour the milk and cream into a heavy bottomed pan, place the pan on the hob and heat slowly until it is almost simmering.
- Place the white chocolate into the pan along with the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- Stir gently until all of the chocolate has melted and the vanilla seeds are evenly dispersed.
- Pour the hot chocolate drink into the glasses or mugs of your choice.
- Top with a mound of squirty cream and enjoy!
More festive treats
More Christmas Recipes
If you want to see more of my festive recipes then check out my Christmas recipe archives.