Cheesey Sweetcorn Quesadillas (vegan)
These cheesey sweetcorn quesadillas make a delicious lunch or light dinner! Get the recipe below.
Fridge to table in 15 minutes
If you’re hungry and need a light meal fast then quesadillas are the answer. They’ve become my go to lunch on days when work is crazy but I want something hot and tasty! Within 15 minutes I can have a cheesey quesadilla on my plate. It probably takes even less time to devour them! Talk about speed…
There are an infinite number of filling combinations but my current favourite is sweetcorn, mushroom and jalapeno. You can use canned sweetcorn but I prefer to slice fresh kernels straight of the cob. Of course cheese is a given as its the delicious glue that holds the whole thing together. I use Violife mature cheddar or vegan Applewood, grated but you can use whatever your favourite cheese is. Just make sure it’s a good melting cheese. Extra pickled jalapenos and some fresh coriander leaves are a great way to finish it off adding some fresh flavour to cut through the rich cheesey corn mix.
Cut your quesadilla into wedges and eat with your hands, but prepare to get messy! But don’t worry too much, these quesadillas are finger licking good!
Cheesey Sweetcorn and Jalapeno Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 200 grams sweetcorn
- 3 mushrooms sliced
- 75 grams cheese grated, see note 1
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 flour tortillas
- pickled jalapenos to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the spring onions, jalapenos, sweetcorn and mushrooms.
- Fry on high for 5 minutes or until softened, seasoning to taste.
- Remove the mix from the heat and place to one side.
- In the meantime fry the first flour tortilla for 2 minutes or until its golden brown.
- Remove from the frying pan and do the same with the second tortilla, this time sprinkling over half the cheese and topping with the hot sweetcorn, jalapeno and mushroom mix. Top with the remaining cheese and then the other tortilla.
- Cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into four wedges and sprinkle over pickled jalapenos and fresh coriander.