Did you know that the 5th of February is #WorldNutellaDay? Make sure you have a batch of these Nutella Stuffed Muffins so you can celebrate!
World Nutella Day
You heard me correctly, there is an actual day dedicated to the world’s best chocolate spread. In fact there’s even a website where you can share everything you love about Nutella on its special day.
Nutella Day was actually originally started by a blogger would you believe? Its now run by Ferrero (the makers of Nutella) and is getting bigger every year!
Whether you normally spread it on toast, make hot chocolate with it, or put it into various cakes and bakes, its worth doing something special to celebrate on the 5th of Feb. I’ve made a big batch of these Nutella Stuffed Muffins. Can you think of a better way to celebrate!?
Nutella inside and out
For a recipe to be worthy of World Nutella Day I think it’s important to stuff as much of the good stuff in there as possible. So, you’ll not only find Nutella swirled into the batter making the pretty pattern on top, but you’ll also find a big spoonful right in the middle creating a melt in the mouth chocolate centre.
These muffins are definitely best served warm. There’s nothing like biting in to one and getting a mouthful of the liquid Nutella in the middle of the muffin. This is what dreams are made of folks.
I did try really hard to think about a third way of getting Nutella into the recipe but I think that might have been a little over the top…
- 280g self-raising flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80g butter (melted)
- 160ml milk
- 1 jar of nutella
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the wet ingredients and stir no more than 15 times! The mix is meant to be lumpy, in some ways the lumpier the better.
- Fill each muffin case half way, make a well in the centre then spoon in a tablespoon of nutella.
- Cover the nutella with another spoon or two of muffin mix until all of the mix has been used across the 12 cases.
- Drizzle some more nutella on top of each muffin and, using a skewer, create a feathered, swirly pattern on top.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 15mins or until golden!
- Allow to cool slightly but enjoy while still warm!
You will need 12 muffin cases.
More Nutella recipes for #WorldNutellaDay!