It doesn’t get freakier than this Halloween Freakshake dripping with blood and stuck with a syringe! Get the recipe below.
I’ve mentioned on the blog in the past that I didn’t get to do all the usual fun Halloween things as a kid. Because of this I spent much of my teenage years and early adulthood making up for lost time and I’m gutted that this year that Halloween falls on a work day. There’s no way we’ll be having a horror movie marathon when we have to get up for work again the next day.
That being said, I still fully intend to get into the “Halloween” spirit and I’ve had fun coming up with some new gruesome recipes.
Over the last couple of years I’ve updated my Spooky Rocky Road which I now LOVE as the skulls and bones jutting out of each piece make it look like someone has been buried alive. I also loved making my Terrifying Teacake Ghosts with hidden bloody centre and the jet black Halloween Pinata Cake!
If I get time I’ve got grand plans for a Halloween cocktail but for now I’m sharing my Halloween Freakshake.
Freakshakes were one of 2016’s biggest food trends and have continued to be a hit in 2017. Freakshakes seem to keep getting bigger and better as they get topped with all sorts of baked goods, sweets and sauces. It is definitely a case of go big or go home.
You can get my Salted Caramel Freakshake Recipe for the Tabl.com here.
I thought I’d make these giant milkshakes even more freaky by giving them a bit of a Halloween twist.
Strawberry sauce was the perfect substitute for blood, white chocolate “stitches” on the glass and the doughnut and a syringe in the side adds to the gruesome look! It had to be a doughnut on top – the jam or custard oozing out looks just like blood and pus!
I know, that sounded pretty grim and I don’t want to put you off your dinner but these are so over the top that both kids and grown ups will love them. I promise.
If you want to make your Halloween Freakshake extra special by making your own jam or custard filled doughnuts you can find my recipe here.
OK, it might be a little bit grand calling this a recipe, it’s perhaps more of an assembly job but it was too good not to share!
- 3 squares of white chocolate
- Strawberry sauce
- 1 jam doughnut
- 2 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- 150ml milk
- Squirty cream
- Red sprinkles
- Begin by cooling your glass in the fridge.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate square in the microwave, stirring at 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- Pour the white chocolate into a piping bag and remove the glass from the fridge.
- Snip the end off of the icing bag (only a few millimetre opening) and pipe stitches on to the glass.
- Take the jam doughnut and pipe more stitches over the hole where the jam is oozing out.
- Next, pour the strawberry sauce up the edges of the glass and place to one side.
- In a blender, blitz the strawberry ice cream and the milk.
- Pour the milkshake into the glass and top with the doughnut.
- Squirt a good helping of cream on top of the doughnut and pour over a little more strawberry sauce.
- Fill the syringe with the sauce and push into the doughnut.
- Finish with the sprinkles.
More Halloween Inspiration
If you’ve loved this recipe then do make sure you check out my Halloween recipe index for more ideas and in the meantime, why not pin it for later?
Happy Halloween folks!