Vegan Chorizo Potato Bake
This Vegan Chorizo Potato Bake is the ultimate lazy dinner. Just chuck it all in a roasting tin and let the oven do the rest. Get the full recipe below.
I’m definitely getting lazier and lazier as a cook. I am all about the one pot meals and will take any short cut I can. If, like me, you’re a fan of simplicity, you will be pleased to know that this recipe has just 3 steps. (1) Chop everything up; (2) put most of the ingredients in the oven to roast; (3) add the more delicate veggies towards the end. Sounds too easy doesn’t it? But I promise you it is as tasty as it is simple. The hardest part is finding a decent vegan chorizo sausage. I like the little chorizo sausages that form part of the Plant Kitchen range at M&S or the Plant Pinooers Chorizo Shroomdogs. If you can’t find either of these brands near you then any Spanish inspired, spicy plant-based sausage will do!
As well as the chorizo you’re going to need new potatoes, a red onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, fennel, a sweet red pepper, a jalapeno, cherry tomatoes, spinach and coriander. The trick is to add the harder vegetables at the start of the cooking time to make sure they have cooked through before adding the softer ingredients like the cherry tomatoes and spinach. The spinach wilts in all of the juices from the chorizo, the tomatoes and the garlic. It’s delicious!
You’ve got everything you need in this one dish but if you wanted to soak up the leftover juices with a big wedge of focaccia I wouldn’t judge!
Vegan Chorizo Potato Bake
- 300 grams new potatoes halved
- 4 vegan chorizo sausages skinned and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 small red onion cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 small fennel roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 14 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 handful coriander
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C / 425F / gas mark 7.
- Add the potatoes, onion, pepper, fennel, jalapeno and garlic into a large roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Give the ingredients in the roasting tin a good mix until evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Place the roasting tin in the centre of the oven and roast for 25 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened and the vegan chorizo is cooked through.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and spinach to the roasting tin and mix well.
- Place the roasting tin back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes are soft and the spinach wilted.
- Give the ingredients one final mix in the pan to ensure the spinach has soaked up all of the juice.
- Top with the coriander and serve.
If you like this you’ll love…