Asian style salmon with cucumber and red onion dipping sauce and warm pak choy salad
Asian Style salmon with a Cucumber and Red Onion Dipping Sauce and Warm Pak Choy Salad is a lovely fresh and vibrant, healthy fish recipe. It’s perfect for eating al fresco in the summer sunshine!
For roughly 350 calories, you can enjoy it guilt free! I recommend flaking the succulent asian style salmon and dipping in to the cucumber and onion dipping sauce, and then munching it with the warm pak choi salad! There are some many delicious flavours you won’t believe that it’s healthy!
Chop sticks are a must – a bowl of sticky rice is optional!
Asian Style Salmon with Cucumber and Red Onion Dipping Sauce and Warm Pak Choy Salad
- For the salmon marinade
- 1 fillet of salmon per person
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh coriander
- For the dipping sauce
- 3 tbsp of chilli dipping sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Handful of diced cucumber
- Half a red onion, diced
- For the warm salad
- 1 small pak choy per person
- 1 large carrot sliced thinly
- Handful of baby sweetcorn
- Marinade the salmon fillets in the sauce for at least 20 mins.
- For the dipping sauce mix the chilli sauce, lime juice, cucumber and onion into little bowls.
- Place to one side for serving later.
- For the salad, stir-fry the pak choy, baby sweetcorn and carrot. for roughly 5mins.
- Grill the salmon in a little oil for 20mins until the marinade caramelises and the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve the salad hot with the salmon and give each person a pot of the dipping sauce.
This dish was inspired by a recipe here: BBCgoodfood.com
If you like this recipe why not try one of these other Asian recipes: