Celebrate Chinese New Year with Sesame Chicken and Green Beans with Egg Fried Rice
Happy Chinese New Year!…Still! only another 14 days of celebrating to go! I’m afraid this will be the last Chinese themed post from me in a while so I’m sharing one of my favourites Sesame Chicken and Green Beans with Egg Fried Rice.
I am proud to say that this dish is perhaps one of the tastiest Chinese dishes I have ever made. It’s my interpretation of the sesame chicken at The Regent Cottage (a lovely restaurant I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing about!)
If you want something that is really vibrant and fresh – no where near as stodgy as a deep fried spring roll, then this is the dish for you! I highly recommend that you serve it with my Egg Fried Rice too! (And I think you will find this recipe a little lighter on the waistline than most of your favourite take away dishes!)
Sesame Chicken and Green Beans
- In a wok heat the sesame oil until very hot. Add the chicken, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until the chicken is golden.
- Once the chicken has cooked, liberally add salt and pepper. Next add half of the soy sauce and sesame seeds for 2 minutes.
- Ad the vegetables (cut into long strips) and cook for a final 2 -3 minutes.
- Finally add the remaining soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Give a quick toss of the wok and serve.
You may be thinking that french green beans are as far from authentic Chinese cuisine as you can get – so, if you have an oriental food store near you, see if you can get your hands on some snake beans (very similar to the green bean just much longer) and chuck them in instead! For the rest of you, trust me, green beans do just fine!
What’s your favourite Chinese recipe to cook at home? If you’ve liked this recipe you may also like these: