Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Right, if you haven’t notice I’ve been rather busy of late! Law school is in full flow and I’m trying to keep down a job at the same time, as well as having a thriving social life. Oh yeah, I’m so cool I have a thriving social life! I think I’m actually going out even more than I did at uni; between hanging out with my boyfriend (yay no more long distance) being close to university friends, new friends and old friends, as well as all of Jon’s work friends, we have more than enough play dates to keep us occupied.
Nevertheless I HAVE still been cooking! It’s just taken me a little while to find the time to share the recipes with you.
But, as I’ve been super busy at law school, I thought it was appropriate to share one of my more student friendly recipes – Chocolate Shortbread. Super cheap it only requires 4 ingredients – 3 if you don’t fancy going all out and adding in the chocolate!
I must say, this recipe originated over at the Good Food Website, but took a number of attempts due to the ridiculous suggestion as to how much butter the recipe should contain. If you follow their recipe you end up with a crumbly mix that won’t hold together… beware!
But, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a fresher or a finalist, THIS recipe is a student staple that will get you through the breakups, the hangovers, the coursework deadlines and revision stress. It’s a little bit of heaven that doesn’t cost the earth.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Recipe
- 225g softened butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 75g chocolate chips
- 175g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until soft and smooth.
- Next mix in the chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Finally, add in the flour a tablespoon at a time. This will make the mixing a little easier.
- Once all the flour has been added you should have a smooth dough/paste.
- Roll out the dough until 1 cm thick.
- Bake in a greaseproof paper lined pan at the centre of the oven for 20mins (or until golden brown).
- Turn out onto a tray to cool.
- Slice into fingers (or other shape) while still warm.
- Chocolate Easter Cake
- The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Dark Chocolate and Passion Fruit Cupcakes
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Bread with Home Made Chocolate Spread