Today’s dinner was Stuffed Butternut Squash which I served with some savoury Cheese Muffins! I’d never tried savoury muffins before but they were extremely yummy, they went really well with the dish, and everyone was licking the wrappers clean! At times my family have absolutely no manners…
Here are the recipes!
Stuffed Butternut Squash with Cheese Muffins
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- A couple of handfuls of spinach
- Half a small bag of pine nuts
- A sprig of sage
- Cut the butternut squash in half. Remove the pulp and seeds and score the rest of the flesh deep, rubbing with olive oil.
- Place in a hot oven (roughly gas mark 6) for an hour until softened.
- While the squash is cooking toast the pine nuts and combine with a mixture of spinach, onion, garlic, sage and Parmesan to taste.
- When the butternut squash has softened scoop some out and mix with the filling. then return to the skin of the butternut squash and cook for a further 40mins.
If you want to be really unhealthy, top the stuffed squash with cheese in the last 5 minutes of cooking. The butternut squash is then ready to serve!